01. True comfort – Oh Lord, at times I feel so sad and overwhelmed and there is no lasting comfort. I am so glad to know that the Holy Spirit is the true Comforter. I give up trying to dull the pain through human comforts. I ask You to fill me with Your Spirit and provide me with Your peace and rest. (Matthew 5.4)
02. Love supernaturally – Heavenly Father, You instruct us to love one another, but my attempts to love always fail. My fleshly efforts fall short and end up being self-serving. I realize that You are the source of true love. I ask You, Holy Spirit, to fill me and love others through me. (Romans 13.8-10)
03. Christ my life – Dear Lord, I have searched for meaning and significance for years. Now I know that without the source of life that is not possible. You are the true source of life. I now understand that when I received Christ, Christ became my life. Therefore, I yield myself to You, Lord Jesus Christ. (Colossians 3.4)
04. The ultimate go to person – Dear Lord Jesus, You are the Almighty Son of God—the very source of eternal life. I recognize that You are the only one to whom I can go. Therefore, I look to You as the source of my life. Cause me to always go to You. Grant me the grace to trust You completely. (John 6.68)
05. A God consciousness – Oh God, at times my life is not very stable. Therefore, I turn to You as the source of my stability. Cause me to live with a God-consciousness so that I can have a sense of Your abiding presence and face the challenges of life with trust and hope. (Philippians 4.6,7)
06. Urgency – The Bible asks, and at the same time answers: “What is your life? You are like a mist that appears for a short time and then dissipates” (James 4.14). Lord, may my living be so prudent and to the point of always being prepared to meet You. Thank You for the hope of eternal life.
07. Memories – Men struggle with sinful memories of the past and the enemy seeks to make accusations. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all confessed sin. The Lord says: “I have blotted out your transgressions like a mist, and your sins like a cloud. Turn to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44.22)
08. Dignity – As Christian men we should be a positive influence. And this is best demonstrated in the relationship we have with our wife. The standard is high. Just as Christ loves the Church and gave Himself for her, a husband should love and dignify his wife. (Ephesians 5.25) Lord, thank you for my wife.
09. Two sides – We are all children! Some are already parents and even grandparents! Proverbs 13.1 speaks of the wise son who hears his father’s instruction. Lord, help me to be a son who listens to your teachings and a father who passes on the knowledge of Your Word to the next generation.
10. Spouses – Are you concerned about whom your sons or daughters will marry? Genesis 24 relates Abraham’s concern that his son be blessed in marriage. Lord, today we intercede for the future spouses of our children. May they have happy marriages according to Your will.
11. Distress – “You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer” (Psalms 4.1). As David, so can we pray and bring everything that troubles us and makes life unbearable before God. He wants to enlarge our vision and encourage our heart.
12. To love – “Love – and then do what you want” (Augustine). “He who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law” (Romans 13.8b). When we pass on God’s love, we experience the kind of freedom, creativity and relationship that enriches our life. Ask yourself: For whom may I do something good today?
13. Sustainability – “I will bless you,… And so, you shall be a blessing” (Genesis 12.2). Everything we have is entrusted to us by God for the purpose of our enjoyment and as a means to do good to others. This way, we make room for God’s bountiful blessings
14. To leave – “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh” (Genesis 2.24). Independence is the prerequisite for a new relationship and the foundation for the unity of soul and body. This is God’s plan for marriage.
15. Fellowship – God is whispering softly when He is seeking your attention, and you will never hear His voice if there is too much noise around you. Pray that God will help you to silence all the disturbing noises – making it possible for you to enjoy true fellowship with Him. (1 Kings 19.12,13)
16. Never alone – As a follower of Christ you know where to turn in times of trouble. Thank the Lord Jesus for His promises to always stand by your side, never leaving nor forsaking you. “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you”. (Hebrews 13.5)
17. Fishing – If you want to catch fish, you must do some preparations. The same applies if you want to become a successful fisher of men. Pray that God will teach you how to become an effective fisher of men. (Matihew 4.19)
18. Reflecting – No human being has ever seen God’s face, but as a follower of Jesus you are reflecting His glare to those around you. Pray that people will see glimpses of God’s majesty in your life and that many will be so encouraged by your life that they invite Jesus into their hearts. (Acts 6.15
19. Faith – “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for he who comes to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him” (Hebrews 11.6). Through Jesus Christ everybody is invited to come to the Father. Be a man of faith who puts Him first in humble surrender of heart and will.
20. Character – The prince of this world threatens and fights against the advance of the Kingdom of God. The Lord will honor men of character who stand firm in the faith and live out biblical values in the family and in the marketplace. Make the difference and be a man of whom the world is not worthy. (Hebrews 11.38)
21. Action – “Therefore prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit fix your hope completely on…Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1.13). The Lord told his disciples to work until His return. We should walk in the good works God prepared beforehand. Be determined to glorify the Lord through your action.
22. Single-mindedness – “But he must ask in faith without doubting…a double-minded man is unstable in all of his ways” (James 1.6,8). God is ready to answer when we seek Him with all our heart. Be willing to examine what drives your deepest motivation and pray for a mind that is fixed first on His kingdom.
23. Love – “And now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13.13). Pray for God to make you into a man who seeks the lost, who protects the weak, who is a warrior for what is right and who resists all evil. This way you allow for the love of Christ to flow through you.
24. Suffering – “After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.” (1 Peter 5.10). Pray for those 360 million Christians who experience high levels of persecution (OD) to keep strong in the Lord.
25. Prayer – “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much” (James 5.16b). God has given us prayer to become world changers. Pray for yourself to become the man God wants you to be. Become His tool of blessing for your family and community. Expect great things of God for He is the Almighty One.
26. Wisdom – “But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously” (James 1.5). Friend, before you lose time in sleepless nights and unending discussions, bend your knees and pray in the name of Jesus for wisdom to recognize what is right and pleasing in God’s eyes. He will answer!
27. Staying power – “But the one who perseveres to the end, he will be saved” (Matihew 24.13). Athletes develop muscle strength through regular training. Christian character and staying power are developed through abiding faith in and constant dependency on the Lord Jesus Christ.
28. Excellence – “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men” (Colossians 3.23). A disciple of Christ has the highest motivation to do his work to the best of his abilities. A Christian who is diligent in his labor will be respected. Be a man of excellence and be willing to speak up for Christ.
29. Boldness – “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John,… they realized that they had been with Jesus” (Acts 4.13). Not human wisdom or ability, but the fulness of the Holy Spirit grants the boldness to live and speak up for Christ. Pray for the Lord to revive his Church again.
30. Eternal life – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3.16). On the cross, Jesus Christ redeemed all mankind. Faith in Him is enough to receive eternal life. Share the Good News! People are dying.