“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God.”
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.” => Let’s adore Him!
“Every good and perfect gift is from above.” => Let’s praise Him!
“Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find.” => Let’s bring our requests to Him!
“Prayer and intercession should be made for all men.” => Let’s intercede for each other!
1. When Moses was commissioned for the history-changing mission of delivering Israel from Egypt, God appeared to him at the burning bush (Exodus 3:3-14). The LORD identified Himself as “I AM”. As you consider your purpose and calling, anchor yourself on the personal, self-existent, eternal God who has revealed Himself. He is the One we fellowship with and to whom we pray day by day.
2. It is imperative that you hear God. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice and follow Him. Pray that you would hear His voice so that you can know His will and follow His lead. (John 10:27)
3. Pray for leaders of governments who will fear the Lord and be servants of their people’s good and agents of wrath toward wrongdoers (Romans 13:4).
4. We are continually faced with decision-making: daytime and nighttime, in public and private, for big issues and minor ones. A practical prayer promise is, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5). The principles you glean from God’s Word need to be personalized in our life. Like Moses we can pray, “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
5. Pray for women in East Africa, one of the poorest areas in the world. Violent protests in Burundi and long lasting conflicts in Somalia and South Sudan make life unbearable for millions. Refugees, seeking safety overrun Ethiopia and Kenya. Women face extreme poverty, illiteracy, forced marriages, polygamous marriages, domestic violence, and all kinds of health issues. (PH) Pray for God to raise up men willing to stem the tide of evil.
6. The Apostle Paul exhorts us to pray without ceasing. This means we must cultivate an attitude of God consciousness. Pray that the Holy Spirit would cause you to be mindful of God at all times, and that He would prompt you to pray to Him continuously. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
7. Never have so many, in so many countries at once, suffered because of their faith. Pray that leaders of the persecuted church will stand strong as they confront in Jesus name principalities and powers.
8. God invites us: “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know” (Jer 33:3). Millions of men will be saying prayers today as an empty ritual. Instead, we are to pray to the God of the Bible with faith and expectancy. As we do, His word will come alive, and we will make vital discoveries that can equip us to be spiritual leaders.
9. In Kenya, physical and sexual violence, (particularly rape) are common. No law prohibits spousal rape and the incidents of child rape and molestation is increasing. Police too often do not take complaints seriously and trials take years to reach the courts. Domestic violence threatens to destroy whole communities as abuse escalates. (PH) Please pray for God to intervene; to transform the heart and mind of men, and to stop this terrible evil.
10. Mass media is a most powerful tool to manipulate the masses. It shapes and form opinions and attitudes. Pray that Christian leaders in the arts (television, film, and music) will be favored in their respective industries as they honor God and impact cultures.
11. Morals, fashion, and technology–we see everything changing. As men, we need security and stability to provide and protect our loved ones. This confidence comes from centering our lives on God, in whom is no variation or shadow of turning (James 1:17). “For I am the LORD, I do not change…” (Malachi 3:6).
12. Listening is the forgotten element in prayer. So take time to listen to your Lord. He has much to say to you, and much to show you. Therefore, pray that you would remain in a listening mode in order to hear His still small voice. (1 Kings 19:11-13)
13. One of the biblical titles of God is “The LORD is there”–Jehovah Shammah (Ezek. 48:35). Because God is omnipresent, we can pray to Him anywhere, and right where we are. Hear the promise given to commander Joshua: “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
14. Christ’s command to his disciples was that they should love each other as He had loved them. (John 13:34) Pray that leaders of Christian ministries will intentionally work together for the advancement of God’s purposes around the world.
15. Almost 70% of the nearly 50 million people in Tanzania live in poverty. Pray especially for the thousands of children working underground in deep, unstable gold mines. In shifts of up to 24 hours they transport crushed gold ore. As they breathe the dust and carry the heavy loads, they are exposed to health damage from exposure to mercury. (PH) Pray for fathers who assume their leadership role and protect the next generation from harm.
16. “Unto you, O men, I call; . . . understand wisdom . . . ” (Proverbs 8:4-5). The source of wisdom is God, who alone is truly wise. Christ in you is your only hope of wisdom. Therefore, pray that Christ would cause you to be wise about everything. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
17. Pray for leaders in South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, to work together to protect those who desire to live in peace. Pray for provision of health facilities and qualified personnel. The country has one of the highest maternal mortality rates. (PH) Pray also that especially fathers would value their daughters. Some parents educate their girls not for their benefit, but to demand more cows when they are sold as brides.
18. Champions are resilient and champions endure hardness because champions are good soldiers of our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray that God would enable you to endure whatever hardness comes into your life. Then, receive God’s grace for the task. (2 Timothy 2:3)
19. God equips all of his children with special talents and abilities. Pray that business leaders of noted character will flourish, be godly stewards of their resources and display compassion for the less fortunate.
20. July 2015, the General Assembly of the United Nations stated, … “Recognizing that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children and that children, for the full and harmonious development of their personality, should grow up in a family environment and in an atmosphere of happiness.” – Pray for world leaders to implement laws that promote and protect the family as the foundation for a healthy society.
21. Every man is born as a child. To develop into a man of character and valor a boy has to grow up. Men need each other in the process of formation. The Bible states that as “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Pray that the physical will not sidetrack us, neither material things, pride nor the rush of power. Rather that we be sober and exercise self-control and spiritual disciplines in our choices.
22. Studies have shown how critically important a father’s love is for the personality development of the children. Researchers say that no childhood experience has as profound effects on their emotional well being as the rejection by their parents. The damage branches from anxiety, aggression to insecurity and difficulties to enter quality relationships. Pray for fathers who love unconditionally and model before their children godly character.
23. Champions Arise (Homens na Verdade) in Brazil is planned to be launched on October 10th by TWR’s partner RTM in Sao Paulo. Translation/contextualization and production of the 52 CA scripts is under way and the website in the works. The monthly prayer CA calendar is already in use by a growing number of individuals. Please pray for the team in Brazil and for the Lord to use the project to encourage many men to become godly leaders in home and society.
24. Pastor Saridi in Batu, is very excited with the Audio Mini Box introduced by TWR-Indonesia. His men listen to the Champions Arise (Sang Pemenang) programs as a group and then discuss each topic and its application. The CA programs are also on several local radio stations. Please pray for TWR-Indonesia and the needed resources to further expand this critically important ministry.
25. As men we are not good losers. We want to conform things to our liking. The issue of control is very important to us. But Jesus challenges those inclinations and calls us to be His disciples. “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.” – Lets pray for the Lord to grant us hearts of obedience and the humility to become His disciples.
26. “Nobody can live the Christian life but Christ.” The apostle Paul wrote, “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.” (Gal 2:20) Believers in the risen Lord Jesus Christ are born again as children of God. (Jn 1:12) They are a new creation. (2Co 5:17) Christ lives in them through the Holy Spirit. (Col 1:27) Lets surrender life and will to the Lordship of Christ and let Him live in and through us.
27. Africa has been identified (UN) as the continent where human development is low. Over a billion people experience the devastating results of health crisis, tribal feuds, wars, religious extremism, famine, and corruption. The numbers of refugees are staggering. – Africa needs Jesus! Light and hope is born when Jesus transform the heart of men. Pray for the TWR team in South Africa that is developing the CA projects in Zulu, Afrikaans and African English.
28. India is the second largest country in population. Over 1.2 Billion people speak over 122 major languages and many more dialects. The culture doesn’t promote compassion. Women are treated as second-class citizen and “suffer from the womb to the tomb.” – Please pray that Christian men would break that cycle and model the love of Jesus to their family members. Pray also for the development of CA programs through TWR-India.
29. Spanish is the majority language in the Americas. There are about 410 Million people in 22 countries whose first language is Spanish. The macho mentality is very much part of the culture. – Pray for Christian men to help redeem their culture by demonstrating genuine love and care for their wife and family. Pray also for the development of CA in Spanish through TWR Uruguay.
30. Praise the Lord for an awakening among Christian men who are coming together to make a difference in their families, churches, businesses, and communities. They are helping one another acknowledge a deep-seated need and hunger for spiritual nourishment and Christian fellowship. They are “sharpening” one another’s understanding of what it means to be a man today (PtK)
31. TWR’s men’s ministry Champions Arise (CA) is based on prayer. In cooperation with other men’s ministries it utilizes Christ-centered, grace oriented content and emerging technologies to develop, translate, produce, distribute, and use radio and other media for teaching and coaching men. – Pray for the Lord to provide for this ministry and to equip the teams working in the US, Africa, Brazil, India, Indonesia and Uruguay.