01. Prayer – “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thessalonians 5:17). We can live“online” and be consciously in God’s presence in a permanent relaonship. Bymaking our requests known and by listening to His instrucon, God will lead oursteps. Yes, friend, let’s make prayer our way of life.
02. Gratude – “In everything give thanks” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). When I amthankful, I acknowledge the gi I received. The more I understand that all oflife’s circumstances are under God’s control and an expression of His love, themore I will be comforted and even able to rejoice.
03. Paence – “Be paent with everyone” (1 Thessalonians 4:14b). We can becounterculture and, instead of seeking revenge, reflect God’s paence towardsothers. Allow for the same grace, goodness and gentleness the Lord bestows onyou to be reflected in the way you deal with others.
04. Work – “If a man will not work, he shall not eat” (2 Thessalonians 3:10).Hunger can be a good medicine for a person that rejects to work. We areresponsible for the gis God has given us. As we submit our will to the Lord, Hewill enable us to do works that honor Him.
05. Sancficaon – “For this is God’s will that you should be sancfied: thatyou should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to controlyour own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust…”(1 Thessalonians 4:3-5). God’s holiness, love and power should be demonstrated in our marriages.
06. Blessed – “Blessed is the man who delights in the law of the Lord and meditates on it day and night,…whatever he does prospers” (Psalms 1:1-3). Pray that our Lord will help you to become such a man.
07. Longsuffering – “The Lord is longsuffering…not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). God is longing to see human beings inving Jesus Christ into their lives. Pray today that you will always share God’s desire.
08. Follow – Jesus says: “My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life…” (John 10:27,28) Pray that you will always be aenve to His voice and follow Jesus wherever He leads you.
09. Building up – “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up…” (1 Thessalonians 5:11). As followers of Christ we need each other. Pra today that our Lord will use you as His servant and fill you with the Holy Spirit s that you can help other people to be inspired, encouraged and movated to live godly lives.
10. Righteousness – “But you, man of God…pursue righteousness” (1 Timothy 6:11). Paul charges Timothy to pursue right living and right choices by allowing the righteousness of Jesus to live in and through him. Pray for the Lord to help you to also make choices that will reflect His character.
11. Godliness – “But you, man of God…pursue godliness” (1 Thessalonians 6:11). Godliness means “God-like-ness.” We are created in God’s image, but sin has marred this image. Pray that we men will live our identy as children of God and “follow aer” godliness.
12. Faith – “But you, man of God…pursue faith” (1 Thessalonians 6:11). “Without faith it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Pray for the Lord to strengthen your faith as you spend deliberate me in the Word of God and allow Him to minister truth to your heart and mind.
13. Love – “But you, man of God…pursue love” (1 Thessalonians 6:11). Love is the greatest of all virtues and the fulfilling of the law of God. (Romans 13:8-10) Pray that we, as men, will be filled with God’s Spirit, thereby emanang God’s love, not our own self-manufactured love.
14. Endurance and gentleness – “But you, man of God…pursue endurance and gentleness” (1 Thessalonians 6:11). Paul concludes his list for the man of God by challenging him to pursue endurance and gentleness. Pray for us men to not give way to the pressure of temptaon, rather to be firm but gentle, showing the paence of Christ.
15. God’s way – Dear Lord, I have tried to fix my problems and improve my life, but it never works. I now know that my only hope is You, Lord. I am grateful for the wonderful gi of your saving grace. Your way is always the way of grace through faith. Cause me to believe and receive so that You can have Your way with me. (Ephesians 2:8)
16. God’s masterpiece – Oh God, I now realize that I am Your masterpiece. Thank You for making me Your prize creaon in Christ. You wanted me to experience the good life. So, You made it possible for me to walk in good works through my union with Christ. Please accomplish Your good works through me. (Ephesians 2:10)
17. Blessed to bless – Dear God, I didn’t know how truly blessed I was unl I learned what You had done for me in Christ. You have given me everything I need in Christ. I am full and overflowing with Your abundant provisions. Thank You for blessing me so that I can be a blessing! (Genesis 12:1-4)
18. The secret – Dear God, I have tried so hard to be a success, but to no avail. I understand that the secret to true success is in the person of Jesus Christ. Now that I have received Christ, the source of true success lives in me. Therefore, I accept my co-crucifixion and co-resurrecon with Christ. Thank You, Lord! (Galaans 2:20)
19. Living now – Dear Lord, I once thought I had to wait unl I died and went to heaven before I could really live. But the Apostle Paul said he was living now. I see that Christ is in me to enable me to live now. Lord Jesus, thank You that I am now experiencing true life as You do the living! (Galaans 2:20)
20. Prayer for the naon – In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, I beseech you to rule and overrule in the affairs of men, and grant us leaders of character, convicon, and commitment! Cause the cizens of this country to respect and obey the laws of the land in order that we might live in a peaceful, prosperous society. (Psalms 33:12)
21. Choices – Every day we have decisions to make. It is our responsibility as men to lead our family and to make decisions according to the Word of the Lord, rejecng our natural impulsiveness. Lord, please help me to act according to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. (Galaans 6:8,9)
22. Preferences – Somemes the most negave forms of our being, such as selfishness, anger and jealousy, are manifested. The Bible calls these “the works of the flesh.” (Galaans 5:20). My prayer, Lord, is that I may be able to put the needs of others in the family before my own preferences and allow for harmonious living.
23. Standards – The Bible clearly tells us not to conform to “the worldly ways.” (Romans 12:2). We run the risk, in the name of apparent peace, of giving up the biblical standards for marital life and childrearing. Pray for courage and firmness in the midst of the many temptaons and traps that threaten the stability of the family.
24. Forgiveness – Like a wall that causes separaon, so the Bible considers the result of unacknowledged sin. (Isaiah 59:2) Unacknowledged and unforgiven sins can lead to broken relaonships between spouses as well as parents and children. Pray for healing of the wounds caused by sin and for restoraon of relaonships.
25. Friendships – “Blessed is he who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, does not stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of mockers” (Psalms 1:1). A father’s friendships reveal much of his character to his children. Pray that your friendships will not hinder your children from walking with the Lord!
26. Dignity – “The work of the righteous leads to life, but the income of the wicked, to sin” (Proverbs 10:16). The place where we work is a mission field. Let us intercede on behalf of Chrisan men that they may honor the Lord through their work by acng diligently and by being able to provide for their families.
27. A brother – As a believer and follower of Jesus you have become His brother. You were born of God’s Spirit. You have been granted the privilege of inving others to inherit eternal life through faith in Christ. Praise God for His indescribable gi. (John 1:12)
28. A great privilege – You should never consider it a burden to tell others about Jesus. Being allowed to invite friends, family and other people into His presence is the greatest privilege a human being could ever be given. (Psalms 96:2,3)
29. Always on me – The Bible tells us that everything happens in the fullness of me. This is also true concerning Jesus’ return. Pray that you will be ready when He returns and that many others will be ready as well as a fruit of your life and ministry. (Romans 1:14)
30. Without hope – Almost 2000 years aer Jesus ascended into heaven, enre ethnic groups are sll living in spiritual darkness – without God and without hope for eternity. (Ephesians 2:12) Pray that God will show you how you can make a difference.
31. Be on guard – “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong” (1 Corinthians 16:13). As worldliness from inside and persecuon from outside threaten the basis of the church, you, man of God, are called to stand strong. Pray to be known as one who has been with Jesus and who reflects His character.