1. Bitterness and lack of forgiveness have destroyed many families, and continue to do so. Pray that God will grant both men and women the strength needed to forgive each other every day – no matter what has been said or done. (Ephesians 4:31)
2. In Ephesians 4:32, Paul teaches us the importance of kindness and compassion. Pray that we will be given the ability to forgive each other when we are being hurt in various ways, like our Father in Heaven has forgiven us in Christ.
3. Every day people from various parts of the world suffer as a result of violence and terrorism. A natural response to this is hatred and a desire for revenge. Pray that Christian men all over the world will be able to live godly lives, with Jesus as our mentor and role model, even when the world around us is falling apart. (Romans 12:19)
4. Jesus Christ is our role model, and as followers of Him we should also be role models for our families. The only possible solution for us to become such role models, however, is to allow God to work in and through us (Hebrews 13:21). Pray today that Christian men all over the world will be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
5. God has a task for us: to proclaim the Gospel to every nation and to lead lost souls to Him. We should never forget that the only treasures we can bring with us to Heaven are other human beings. Pray that we will live our lives and make our priorities accordingly. (Matthew 6:20)
6. Oh God, our lives were scattered and undone. But you restored us by making us one with yourself through our union with Christ. And that made it possible for us to become one with each other. Thank you for realizing that it was expedient for you to die, so that we would not perish but have everlasting life. (John 11:50-52)
7. Dear Lord, you are the almighty God so nothing is too hard for you. You have promised to take care of me. But sometimes it is hard for me to believe you will. Therefore, cause me to be fully persuaded that you will, so that I can remain strong in faith. (Romans 4:21)
8. Heavenly Father, you are so faithful. You keep your word. You do what you say. And even when we are unfaithful, you remain faithful. Truly, I can trust you with my life. Cause me to trust you regardless of what I see, think or feel. “Faithful is He that calls you, who also will do it” (1 Thessalonians 5:24).
9. Father God, you made your love known to us in a very personal way. You loved us so much that you sent your only begotten son to die for us. Thank you Lord Jesus that you gave your life for me, in order that you might give your life to me, so that you might live your life through me! “God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him” (1 John 4:8-9).
10. Thank you Lord, for allowing me to be an expression of your love. Your Holy Spirit indwells me because of my new birth. Fill me with your Spirit, so that your perfect love might flow through me. Cause your love to be manifested in me so others can see Jesus in me. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love” (Galatians 5:22).
11. Men sometimes forget they that Satan targets them for defeat. Pray that they will put on the full armor of God so they can stand against the devil’s schemes to destroy their marriages and families. (Ephesians 6:11)
12. The loss of a job or the inability to find one can lead men into depression. Pray that men will look to God for His provision of “daily bread” for their families. And pray that God will provide the means of provision for these men. (Matthew 6:11)
13.Fathers have great influence over their teenage daughter’s futures, but often feel inadequate to interact with them in a meaningful way. Pray that these fathers will model a loving Christian man to their daughters. (Proverbs 31:30)
14.Temptation to look beyond the marriage bed for fulfillment is not new, but the Bible is very clear that the marriage bed is to be honored and not defiled. Pray that men will honor the Lord and their wives in the area of sexual intimacy. (Hebrews 13:4)
15.A biblical perspective is crucial in being a Godly husband and father. Pray that younger men will find older godly men to mentor them in these areas. (Titus 2:6-7)
16.Instead of prayers to earn self-righteousness or to promote an earthly agenda, we are to base our intercession on God’s invitation and revealed will. His will includes forgiving one another so that we can pray in unity. “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” (Matt. 18:18; see 18:15-17; 6:12).
17. “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven” (Matt 18:19). Pray for open and brotherly relationships with other Christian men so that your prayers will be answered by God and bless a lost world.
18.Matthew 18:19 gives special assurance in prayer when we “agree”. The Greek word translated “agree” is “sumphoneo” which also provides a word in English for a musical symphony (orchestra). As we pray this way we will be like many instruments harmonizing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Matt 18:20).
19.Jeremiah poured out his heart to God, knowing that
“His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.” Likewise, we can have confidence in the Lord as we pray: “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” (Lamentations 3:22-24).
20. Let us come to God in prayer with confidence and a clear conscience because of the finished work of Christ. The prophet declared, “Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea” (Micah 7:18,19).
21. At the occasion of it 60th anniversary, Norea Media Mission is planning the launching of Champions Arise (CA) in Norway. Pray for Harald E. who is organizing the different events and Edmund S. as he speaks for CA. Pray for CA to encourage Christian men to become true disciples of Jesus who lead their families with love and integrity and make a lasting impact for Christ in their society. (Matthew 5:13-16)
22.Jesus did not say, “Go and make Christians”. He said: “Go and make disciples”. Pray for men to not be content just to claim to be a Christian but to endeavor to be a disciplined one, a true disciple. (John 8:31-32)
23. The word “Christian” appears only 3 times in the Bible. The word “disciple” appears nearly 300 times. Pray for men to embrace their identity as not only “in Christ” but also as pupils, disciples of Jesus Christ, learning to follow Him daily. (Mark 3:34-35)
24.Jesus is known by many wonderful titles. One is “Rabbi”, or Teacher. Pray for men to embrace Jesus as their Rabbi, sitting at His feet to learn and obey His word. (Luke 10:39)
25.Paul said: “Follow me as I follow Christ”. (1 Corinthians 11:1). Discipleship involves mentoring and accountability. Pray for men to search out and secure godly mentors and to be a godly mentor to another man.
26. Abiding in Christ bears the fruit of true discipleship. Pray for men to not rely upon their own energy to be a faithful disciples, but to learn how to abide daily, even hourly, like a branch in the True Vine, Jesus. (John 15)
27. Because we men are naturally inclined to do things and to measure ourselves by the result and success of our work, we are slow to pray. Do as the disciples did when they asked the Lord to teach them how to pray. (Luke 11:1) Scripture clearly requires for men to make requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving for everyone and especially those in authority. (1 Timothy 2:1-8)
28. Pray for persecuted believers. Christians lived in Iraq for two millennia but are currently at the verge of extinction. Pray for them to keep the faith in spite of the incredible difficult situation they face. (Matthew 5:44) Pray for their tormentors to be convicted of the evil they do and pray for the many Muslims who are coming to faith after seeing the lies and suffering Muslim terrorists are causing.
29. In the month of July the website twr360.org/championsarise was visited by English speakers from 9 countries. CA Portuguese and Russian had its first visitors. Please pray for the producers of CA in Zulu, African English, Indonesian, Spanish, Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati, Bengali programs so that all these languages will soon be added to the powerful twr360.org media platform. (Psalm 147:15)
30. We fear to say it, but the great commission of Mathew 28:18-20 has become for many Christian men the great omission. In spite of all the progress in technology, communication and knowledge, our society is in a crisis of enormous proportions. People are lost. They need the Lord! “For there is no other name given to men by which they must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Pray for revival in the church, – but also in your own heart.
31. “We men need so much help!” …was the statement of an African brother that caused the beginning of Champions Arise (CA). Prayer, programming and the formation of discipleship groups are our goal. Pray for the Lord to bless TWR staff and volunteers who use to the monthly prayer calendar, produce programs, encourage the formation of discipleship groups and tell others how to find our websites “championsarise.org” and “twr360.org/championsarise”. (1 Corinthians 3:7)