1. Since God has bestowed on us every spiritual blessing, pray that fathers will model a life of contentment before their children. (Phil. 4:12)
2. Pride can cause a man to reject wisdom from his godly wife. Pray that husbands will humble themselves and have full confidence in their wives. (Prov. 31:11)
3. Pray that men will not consider their children as interruptions or distractions but instead will assure them that they are blessings from God. (Ps. 127:5)
4. “I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips” (Ps. 34:1). It is hard to extol and praise God while being angry and frustrated. Pray that husbands and fathers will reflect thankful hearts to their families.
5. Humility is a powerful reflection of Jesus Christ to a family. Pray that men will be humble and confess mistakes to their wives and families in a timely way. (Jas. 5:16)
6. Do you want to live a fruitful life? Make sure that you stay connected to the right source. Seek God’s blessings and guidance regularly by reading his Word, meditating on it and praying that he will bring forth spiritual fruit in your life. (Ps. 1:1-3)
7. Spiritual fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ is an essential part of our life as followers of Jesus. If you already enjoy such a fellowship, give thanks to God. If not, pray that he will help you establish a close relationship with other believers. (Rom. 1:11-12)
8. Give thanks today that you have the great privilege of being a soldier in God’s army. In life’s ongoing spiritual battle, you are under the command of Jesus – our Lord and Savior who once and forever on Calvary disarmed the powers and authorities of darkness. (Col. 2:15)
9. Thank God that he will always give you the strength you need to stand firm in the spiritual battle. (1 Pet. 2:4-5)
10. Pray that God will use you to bring other people into his presence. In his hands you can become an effective fisher of men, and that is exactly what the Lord wants you to be. (Matt. 4:19)
11. The Great Commission for a disciple of Christ is to proclaim the gospel under any circumstance. Pray for a Godsent revival among the church today so that we may live for Christ in total surrender, as the apostle Paul did. (Col. 4:3-4)
12. Pray that you would be an effective witness for Christ. “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone” (Col. 4:5-6).
13. One of the privileges we have as members of the body of Christ is that we can support each other in prayer. Take time to bring before the Lord fellow believers and friends who are facing temptations and trials. (Col. 4:12)
14. As a follower of Jesus Christ, you have the privilege to serve the King of kings. Ask the Lord today to clarify in your heart and mind what the special assignment is that he has given you at home and abroad. “See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord”(Col. 4:17).
15. So many people in so many parts of the world are victims of injustice today. A Christian is called to be ethical and just in everything he does and to love his neighbor as himself. Ask the Lord to be a real witness of his values. “Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven” (Col. 4:1).
16. Father, I recognize that I cannot serve you out of my own resources. My will and desires are tarnished by my selfishness and pride. Please do your work of cleansing and transformation in my mind and spirit. (Col. 4:2)
17. Ask God to open a door that enables you to live and proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which so many of our brothers and sisters are in chains. May we all proclaim clearly that there is hope and salvation in the Lord. (Col. 4:3-4)
18. Lord, show us how to be wise in how we act toward outsiders, making the most of every opportunity to be witnesses for you. Let our conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that we may know how to respond to everyone. (Col. 4:5-6)
19. Dear God, it is my earnest desire to be a servant of Christ Jesus. Please grant me a heart that is ready to wrestle in prayer for those close to me. Make me stand firm as I do your will. Help me to mature and to trust in your promises without wavering. (Col. 4:12)
20. Dear God, life seems so unfair. Everywhere I turn I see injustice, until I turn to you and look at the cross. And then I see true justice, in which your mercy and grace prevail: the just for the unjust, the righteous for the unrighteous. You are the justifier. Justice has been served! Thank you, Lord, for making everything right. (Rom. 3:26)
21. Oh Lord, I realize that my knowledge is very limited. You alone know all things. All knowledge is contained in you. And you are in me. Therefore, I trust you to make known to me what I need to know when I need to know it. (Col. 2:2-3)
22. Father God, you are the Holy One. You are set apart, unique and distinct from your creation. Thank you for cleansing me and making me holy in Christ. You exhort me to be holy as you are holy. But my only hope of holiness is in you. Therefore, I ask you to fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I might perfect holiness in my daily life. (Hosea 11:9)
23. Lord Jesus, you changed me from a sinner into a saint. You sanctified me by offering yourself for me upon the cross. When I accepted Christ, my old sinful life passed away. In exchange, I was made righteous in Christ. You have made me the best that I can be in Christ. Hallelujah for new life in Christ! (Heb. 10:10-14)
24. Lord, please open my eyes to your handiwork in nature but also to your gracious work in my own life. Help me to reflect in all I think, say and do the character of Christ, who lives in me through the gift of your Holy Spirit. I pray with John the Baptist, “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30).
25. The agenda of liberal ideologies is increasing rapidly in the Western world. Judeo-Christian values are being undermined and rejected. Governments and educational systems have been infiltrated. Anyone who doesn’t go with the flow is marginalized and called a bigot. Pray that you will not be swept away; rather, stand firm in the faith and be a light in the growing spiritual darkness of our times. (2 Tim. 3:1-7)
26. Remember the persecuted church. Religious repression is pervasive and rising. According to the Pew Research Center, Christians in 144 countries were being harassed in 2016. Jesus said: “They persecuted Me, they will also persecute you” (John 15:20). Pray for courage and discernment, and stand up for your faith. Also, please intercede for your brothers and sister in Christ who are being persecuted.
27. Champions Arise (CA) and Every Man A Warrior (EMAW) compose TWR’s Men’s Ministry Initiative, offering the CA prayer calendar, CA’s audio programming and EMAW’s discipleship curriculum. Pray for this growing ministry in countries around the world. Visit our websites at championsarise.org and twr360.org/championsarise. (Ps. 147:15)
28. The prosperity and stable social order prevalent in many nations are direct results of Christian influence and values. The Bible says: “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord” (Ps. 33:12). Pray that those who are in government and leading positions will fear the Lord and rely on the wisdom of his Word and the principles of the gospel.
29. Praise the Lord for gospel broadcasting in over 230 languages by TWR and its many national partners. Pray for the producers of programs, for the safety of the different transmitter locations and for the worldwide staff. Praise him also for all those who make this urgent ministry possible through their love and support. (Matt. 24:14)
30. “If we want to change a culture, we need to change the men.” Pray for Lonnie Berger, who leads TWR’s global ministry for men. Pray for wisdom, courage and stamina as he develops strategies and interacts with TWR’s national partners around the globe. Pray for the Lord to bless the men who are the ministry’s vision keepers in different countries. (2 Tim. 2:2)