1. A Norwegian priest (pastor) regularly asks men who want to marry: “What do you think you are going to tell your friends about your wife 15 years from now? Will you still talk nicely about her?” Let us pray that God helps us all always to love our spouse, continuously renewing the “first love” in our hearts! (Ephesians 5:28)
2. In his first letter, Peter says: “Keep a clear mind. Control yourselves (1 Peter 4:7).” We all need Gods help to succeed in this, but Praise the Lord – He is always there to help us whenever we turn to Him.
3. The word of God is living and active. It is sharper than any sword that has two edges (Hebrews 4:12). How sad that many Bibles are just collecting dust on bookshelves. How about your Holy Bible? Pray for you to know and apply the Word in your life.
4. Ezra had committed himself to study and obey the Law of the Lord (Ezra 7:10). As a result, the gracious hand of his God helped him. Pray that God will give us the same kind of love for His word.
5. Titus reminds us in his letter: “Do what is good. Set an example for them in everything. When you teach, be honest and serious” (Titus 2:2). Let us pray today that God will grant us the ability to live our lives according to this standard.
6. Oh Lord, the struggles are hard and the pressures are great. The more I try to do good, the more I fail miserably. I am powerless to perform. Therefore, I admit that I cannot live the Christian life. “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Romans 7:18).
7. Dear Lord Jesus, I thought I was doing good, but now I realize that the Source of all true goodness comes from you alone. I yield my life to you so that your goodness can fill me. “Why do you call me good? There is none good but one, that is, God… With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:17, 26).
8. Lord Jesus, I am grateful that you began your good work in me when I was born again of your Spirit. Thank you for making me one with Christ, who is the Source of all goodness. I now trust you to live your good and perfect life through me. “He which has begun a good work in you will perform it” (Philippians 1:6).
9. Dear God, Your grace is truly amazing! First you gave Christ to me. And now that you indwell me, you empower me for living. Thank you for your good and perfect work in me! “For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).
10. My wonderful Lord, I recognize that everything originates with you and is sustained by you. Lord Jesus, you are my reason for being and my means of doing. I ask you to work through me so that my life might glorify you. “For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen” (Romans 11:36).
11. Men need wisdom from God to lead their families well. Pray that men will seek the wisdom that comes from God’s Word, especially the book of Proverbs. (Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 2:6)
12. Christ has become wisdom for us. Pray that men will allow Christ to live His wisdom though them according to the abiding Life described in John chapter 15. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
13. God promises wisdom to those who pray for it. Pray that men will learn to ask God for wisdom on a regular basis, in every situation. (James 1:5, Matthew 7:24)
14. Knowledge is not wisdom. Knowledge can breed pride. Wisdom is the proper use of knowledge made applicable in situations. Pray for men to know the difference and live wisely. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
15. The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. Pray for men to discard the wisdom of this world for the true wisdom that comes from the Lord. (James 3:13, James 3:17)
16. On many occasions Jesus showed compassion for people. However many fathers believe showing compassion makes them weak. Pray that men will use Christ’s example and give biblical compassion to their children. (Psalm 103:13)
17. When a father is angry, his discipline of the children can sometimes become abusive. Pray for men to deal with their anger and always discipline their children in a God-honoring way. (Hebrews 12:7)
18. Peter wrote to husbands, “Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life.” Pray that men will appreciate, honor, and love their wives as God intended. (1 Peter 3:7)
19. The responsibilities of being a husband and father can be overwhelming. This can cause men to feel inadequate for the tasks. But James wrote, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God.” Pray that men will turn to God for the wisdom they need to be a godly man in their home. (James 1:5)
20. Men face many temptations. When life gets difficult, one temptation is to give up on their wives and families. Pray that God will shield them from Satan’s attacks in this area. Pray that God will encourage them to seek the only safe escape, which is trusting the Lord as their refuge from this temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
21. “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way…” (John 14:6). Lets intercede for God to open the hearts of those who listen to the Champions Arise programs. They need to turn off from the broad road that leads to destruction, and enter the narrow road that leads to life (Matt. 7:13,14).
22. “Jesus said to him, ‘…I am the truth.” (John 14:6). False religions may be sincere, but are sincerely misguided. “No one comes to the Father except through Me (Jesus).” Therefore, we pray for listeners to recognize the deception of any other path, and to turn and embrace Jesus as the way of true salvation.
23. “Jesus said to him, ‘…I am the life” (John 14:6). The greatest need men have is not financial, emotional or social. They need life, eternal and abundant. And the Lord Jesus Christ is the source of spiritual life. That’s why He is also described as the True Vine (John 15:1-5).
24. “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church…” (Matt. 16:18). Many believe that Peter and the papacy are the stone on which Christ’s church is built. But Jesus was not referring to Peter (“Peter” is petros–stone) but the recognition of Jesus as Messiah (“rock” is petra–large stone; see Matt. 16:16). Pray that men place their faith on the right foundation (1 Pet. 2:4-8).
25. “… I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it” (Matt.16:18). Hostile human and demonic forces fight against the growth of God’s redeemed community. Jesus declared that “the gates of Hades shall not prevail” against God’s called-out ones. Let’s us pray for the continued, victorious advance of the gospel through TWR and elsewhere.
26. Pray for the Lord to rise up men who assume their calling to be prayer warriors (1 Timothy 2:8). Men, who are aware of the spiritual battles of our days and stand up against the evil forces of spiritual darkness in the Name of Christ and dressed in the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
27. Praise the Lord that the programs of Champions Arise are being broadcasted in English, Zulu, African English, Indonesian, Portuguese, and that translation and production is in progress in the Spanish, Russian, Tamil, Hindi, Gujarati and Bengali languages.
28. “We get a lot of positive feedback from the listeners of Champions Arise. It is a very important program that really addresses specific needs in a man’s life.” (from P.S. in South Africa) Praise the Lord for the impact of CA. Tell others how to listen to the programs on the website “championsarise.org” and “twr360.org”.
29. The anguish, pain and suffering of millions of refugees and all who live in the darkness of sin, break the heart of God. He gave Jesus Christ, His only, begotten Son as Savior for mankind (John 3:16). Pray that today, the Good News of salvation in Christ will bring hope and transformation to the hearts and lives of those who listen in one of the 230 plus languages TWR is broadcasting.
30. Champions Arise’s three main objectives are: a) Call men to prayer; b) Provide relevant and high quality programs for men, c) Foster men’s discipleship groups. For this to take place volunteers and resources are needed. Pray for the Lord to grant us revival in the church and to motivate men to invest their time and effort in this most urgent ministry. (Philippians 3:13.14)