01. Transformation – “And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…” (Romans 12:2). Our world view and thinking pattern are the result of our culture and choices. Pray that your faith in Christ and the submission to Scripture will make you into his agents of transformation in family and society.
02. Contentment – “I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am” (Philippians 4:11b). Knowing God and believing in His power, wisdom and care will provide peace and trust in whatever happens with us or around us. Thank the Lord today that He is totally trustworthy and ask Him to teach you contentment.
03. Trust – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5.6). The most important decision in life is the surrender of our heart and will to the Lord. Pray that you will be a man who fully trusts the Lord.
04. Sharing blessings – “The Lord will open for you His good storehouse… and bless all the work of your hand” (Deuteronomy 28:12). If you have experienced God’s abundant blessings in your life, don’t keep it just for yourself. Give Him the glory and share the blessing with those who cross your path.
05. Learning–“He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord” (Proverbs 16:20). Be zealous of your daily devotional time and learn to be a man of God’s word. This is a guaranteed pass way to peace, joy and wisdom in your life and will be a fountain of blessing for others.
06. Sleep in security – “The fear of the Lord leads to life, so that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil” (Proverbs 19:23). The more we know and adore the almighty God the smaller our personal problems will become. The soul at rest in Him is a powerful healing agent for mind and body. In Him we can sleep secure.
07. True riches – “Therefore if you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous wealth, who will entrust the true riches to you” (Luke16:11)? As men of God we are called to be responsible citizens in this world and contribute with our example to the good of society. God reward our faithfulness with eternal blessings.
08. In touch with God – “I am the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:1). Through faith in Christ we inherit the same promises God gave the people of Israel. We can have an intimate relationship with God and be in constant communion with Him. Nothing in this world equals to such privilege.
09. Fellowship – “I am the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:1). God turns to me. He seeks to set me free from those things that block and hinder me, because He loves me. He is waiting for my response to His love, because he values me and wants to have fellowship with me.
10. Loving my neighbor – “I am the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:1). The way the Lord deals with me He expects me to deal with others. In Him I find the motivation and strength for the renewal of my relationships. This is how I can become a man of peace and hope for my neighbors.
11. Exclusive – “I am the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:1). Nothing, nor money, possessions or other securities shall compete with our loyalty to God. He wants our exclusive devotion. Every good gift comes from Him and He gladly provides us with all we ever need.
12. Image – “I am the Lord your God” (Exodus 20:1). The marriage of a man with a woman is to be the image of the relationship God wants to have with us. The way that new life is birthed through the intimate relationship of a man with a woman, so God wants to birth new, spiritual life through our relationship with Him.
13. Flexibility – “The mind of a man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps” (Proverbs 16:9). It is important to plan and to be responsible with all the resources the Lord entrusted us with. But be flexible! Only the Lord is all-knowing. Submit to His sovereignty if He allows for your plans to fail and shows a new direction.
14. Stuff – “But store up for yourself treasures in heaven…for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21). It is amazing how much stuff people can accumulate over the years. Make sure the day you leave all the things that money can buy behind, that you will have a treasure waiting for you in heaven.
15. Crisis – “Your way was in the sea and your paths in the mighty waters, and your footprint may not be known” (Psalms 77:19). It is impossible for us to fully understand God’s ways and dealings. He is God and we are humans. But God loves us and therefore we can trust him in life’s turmoil. Know, that no crisis is out of His control.
16. Pride – “By pride comes nothing but strive, but with the well-advised is wisdom” (Proverbs 13:10). The core sin in men’s heart is pride. Pride elevates itself against others and God himself. Pray for a heart that is humble and sensitive to the Spirits leading. This is manhood at its best.
17. God’s surprise – “The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me” (Psalms 16:6). As a bridegroom wants to surprise his bride with the best and most beautiful, so the Lord cares for those who love Him. Pray to be able to cherish what He has given you and what is of real value and beauty in life.
18. Inheritance – “The good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous” (Proverbs 13:22). Children need good role models. Pray to be a man who’s love for God and his family is obvious in his behavior, choices, and priorities. Let your character inspire your family.
19. You are not alone – When you tell others about Jesus, the triune God is with you as you speak. Thank God that he has promised to always be with you to the very end of age. “…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age”. (Matthew 28:20)
20. Powerful prayer – Thank God today that when you put your hands on another person and pray for them, you pray in the power of the Father, Son and the Holy spirit. “And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven”. (James 5:15)
21. A third of us – More than a third of the world’s population does not know Jesus, and they don’t even know anyone that knows him. Pray that those who have not yet heard about Jesus will get an opportunity. “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature”. (Mark 16:15)
22. Transformation – Thank God that when you stay close to him you are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory. “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image…”. (2 Corinthians 3:18)
23. Wisdom – “How blessed is the man who finds wisdom and the man who gains understanding” (Proverbs 3:13). True wisdom starts with the fear of the Lord. Understanding involves the willingness to learn und reflect. Pray to be a man who is not driven by his impulses rather who ponders what is true and right in God’s eyes.
24. The warning – The world and its riches can become a hindrance for a real and deep relationship with the Lord Jesus. In Mark 4:19 Jesus warns that “when the cares of this life come, the deceitfulness of riches and the longings for other things choke the word, making it unfruitful.”- Head the warning and put the Lord first in your life.
25. Prayer – Luke 22 tells of Jesus’ anguish in the Garden of Gethsemane. Faced with his upcoming death, according to verse 41: “He knelt down and began to pray”. – Because God is always near to those who are broken in spirit and willing to come to our rescue in our most difficult times, make prayer a priority.
26. Influence – A father’s life of prayer and communion with the Lord impacts his children. Isaac believed his father Abraham when he told him to trust God even against reason. “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son” Genesis 22:8.- Lord, make me a man, whose influence strengthens the faith of his children in you!
27. Realization – Every man wants a happy family. Psalm 128 describes how this can happen. “So shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord” …with success in his work, happiness in his marriage and with children who grow up in a safe environment.- Father, we pray on behalf of men, that they may obtain Your blessing in their family.
28. Hope–”The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to those who seek him.” (Lamentations 3:25) Research shows that out of every 10 suicides, 8 are of men. The main cause is hopelessness.- Lord Jesus, may we Christian men bring the hope that only you can give to a desperate world.
29. Teaching–”He who refuses to chasten his son does not love him; he who loves him does not hesitate to discipline him.” (Proverbs 13:24). Society seeks to impose restrictions on discipline in the family. – Allow for the devotion to the Sciprture and your love for your children to guide you in the education of your children.