CA men’s prayer calendar February 2023
1. The god of this age – The Bible makes a clear distinction between our Creator God and the evil one, who reigns in this world and requires men’s adoration. “The god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers” (2 Cor. 4:4). Pray for God to take these scales off the eyes of your family members who don’t know the Gospel.
2. Company – “Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character’” (1 Cor. 15:33). Peer pressure can be a great enemy for our children and people that depend on the approval of other people. Friend, seek God’s kingdom first and soon you will be known as a lover of God and bless those who are in your company.
3. Training – Children are like wet cement, vulnerable and easily conformed to the teaching they grow up with. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it” (Prov. 22:6). Be a man of God and share with your children His truth in love. They need direction in a society that rejects biblical principles.
4. Surrender – “My son, give me your heart and let your eyes keep to my ways” (Prov. 23:26). God requires nothing less than the total surrender of our hearts. There is no middle ground. Men, be a radical and don’t make concessions to sin. Humbly confess your need for His forgiveness and restoring grace. God wants to use you!
5. Transplant – “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander” (Matt. 15:19). Every man needs a heart transplant. That is why Jesus came into this world, to seek and to save what is lost. If you already are His disciple, make a difference; lead others to the Savior.
6. Disobedience – “For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners…” (Rom. 5:19a). Adam is responsible for the fall of mankind. We are his offspring and born as sinners, separated from a holy God. Recognize your disobedience and confess your sin. Christ wants to be your redeemer too.
7. Obedience – “…so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous” (Rom. 5:19b). Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born as the last Adam into this world. Through obedience, He became the perfect sacrifice and paid on the cross for Adam’s disobedience. Believe in Him and you are made righteous.
8. Born again – “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again” (John 3:3). True, redeeming religion is God’s initiative. He wants to give a new heart, new and eternal life, to whomever believes in His Son, Jesus Christ. If you believe, He will give you a new heart in which God reigns with His love and power.
9. Identity – “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit” (John 15:5). A fruit-bearing branch is never independent. It has a living, organic relationship with the vine and so do you if you are a believer in Christ. Then live out of your new identity; you are a child of God.
10. Fruit – It is rather easy to know if you are led by God’s Spirit or if you are doing it your old way. Be a real man, be courageous and humble. Ask your family members if they see the Spirit of God at work in you. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Gal. 5:22,23).
11. Chosen – Oh Lord, sometimes I can’t imagine that anyone would want me, but You want me! Because of Your love, You chose me. You chose for me to be “in Christ” so that we could be together. Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to receive Christ. I am grateful for Your indwelling presence! (Eph. 1:4)
12. Adopted – Thank You, Lord, for including me in the family of God! Even though I was a corrupt child of the devil, You adopted me. You united me with Yourself and made me a child of God. This was Your plan from the beginning and it brought You great pleasure. Thank You for being such a loving Heavenly Father! (Eph. 1:5)
13. A living sacrifice – Dear God, the only way I can serve You is by giving myself to You. Since You know what is best for me, I gladly present my body to You as an available vessel. I invite You to reside in me, make Yourself at home in me and have Your way with me. I am honored to be a living sacrifice unto You. (Rom. 12:1)
14. God of the impossible – Oh God, so many things seem impossible to me, but then I look at You and the miracle of our Lord’s birth. I realize that nothing is impossible for You. As Your servant, I trust You to make the impossible possible in my life. Cause me to respond to You in instant obedience. (Luke 1:37,38)
15. True worshippers – Dear God, as the sovereign ruler of the universe, You alone are worthy of worship. I desire to worship You not just in word, but also in deed. Therefore, I yield myself to You so that You can work through me. Cause me to obey Your Spirit’s promptings and to praise You with my whole life. (Matt. 2:1,2,13,14)
16. Prayer – “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16b). Is my heart focused on pleasing the Lord? If so, then I can pray with confidence knowing that God will answer and work out what is best for me.
17. Loving God – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind” (Matt. 22:37). Our lives reflect whom or what we love. There is nothing more important and rewarding in life than to love God with words and deeds. It makes all the difference and leads to a good and fulfilled life.
18. Love your neighbor – “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Matt. 22:39). From our love to God flows the love to our neighbor. That is how our lives find true fulfillment. Are you ready to ask the question, “Who is my neighbor and how can I demonstrate my love and goodness to him?”
19. Money and possessions – “Though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them” (Ps. 62:10b). Money and possessions are entrusted to us by God in order to enjoy and to be good stewards of them. As you have the opportunity, do good to others and the Lord’s blessing will be over your home.
20. Divine purpose – “Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our own image, in our own likeness’… Male and female he created them… Then the Lord God made a woman… and he brought her to the man” (Gen. 1:26,27; 2:22). True manhood excepts sexuality as a gift from God to express his love to the helpmate God has given him.
21. The right motives – When we offer help to other people, we should not expect to get something in return. Pray that God will help you to serve others with pure motives, trusting the Lord for the reward. (1 Pet. 5:2)
22. Shrewd and innocent – When God is providing opportunities to witness about Christ, we should do so with enthusiasm and without fear. Pray that God will help you, as an ambassador for His kingdom, to be shrewd as a snake and innocent as a dove in a world that is hostile to the Gospel. (Matt. 10:16)
23. Agape – God loves us more than we can ever understand. His divine love that has the Greek name, “Agape,” is the highest form of love and motivated Jesus Christ to redeem us on the cross. Give Him thanks today for His love and compassion for you. (John 3:16)
24. Philia – We can never, out of our own resources, love as God loves. However, our response should be to love our brothers and sisters. The Greek word for friendship love is “Philia.” But God will help you to do better and show love and compassion to your fellow believers as He loves you. (1 John 4:11)
25. White page – When we give our lives to Jesus Christ, He forgives our past and makes us a new creation. (2 Cor. 5:17) If you brought into your marriage painful, tormenting memories, submit them to Jesus and forgive each other! Nothing is too hurtful that He can’t restore. Ask the Lord to bring new joy into your relationship.
26. The foundation – Every building needs a firm foundation to stand. A successful life is based on “loving the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” (Deut. 6:5) Pray that you can have this foundation in your life and build your family on this foundation.
27. Patience – Patience is a part of the fruit of the Holy Spirit and recommended several times in the New Testament. (Gal. 5:22; Eph. 4:2; Col. 1:11) Learn how to control your emotions at home, with children, at work and at other times. It is a demonstration of the kind of relationship you have with God! Lord, help me to be patient!
28. Nourishment – The Bible, is the Word of God and the source that nourishes our love for Jesus. When a man has his daily time of devotion by reading, meditating on the Bible and praying, the result is a heart strengthened and guided by God’s will. Pray that nothing will interfere in your relationship with the Lord. (Prov. 8:17)