1. Dear God, there is so much confusion and chaos all around me. I need some peace and quiet. You promised perfect peace if I would keep my focus on you rather than the circumstances. Therefore, I put my trust in you because you alone have the strength to solve my problems. Thank you for keeping me in perfect peace! (Isaiah 26:3-4).
2. Oh Lord, sometimes I get frustrated, irritated and very angry. But then I realize that these are only fleshly feelings and not solutions to anything. Therefore, I reject all these fleshly human responses. Lord Jesus Christ, I yield myself to you. Cause me to respond correctly in true righteousness so that I can do the right thing (James 1:20).
3. Dear Lord, when I become angry, motivate me to deal with it immediately. Prompt me to go to whomever I am angry with and resolve my differences. Grant me the grace to humble myself, to forgive and to forget. Protect me from giving place to the devil by harboring unforgiveness and becoming bitter. Thank you for the grace of forgiveness (Ephesians 5:26-27).
4. Heavenly Father, I recognize that the only way for my Christian faith to be lived out is for Christ to live through me. Show me what you have given me in Christ. Every good thing that I need for living is within me in the person of Christ. When I face a need in my life, cause me to acknowledge that your life in me is the source and supply of that need (Philemon 1:6).
5. Lord Jesus, you said if I would believe, I would see the glory of God. Therefore, I am going to stop walking by sight and start walking by faith. I trust you with my life – all that I am and all that I have. Live your life in me and be glorified through me. Thank you, Lord, for causing my faith to become anchored in Christ alone (Hebrews 6:9).
6. The Bible says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.” Pray that you will experience this in your own life (Proverbs 3:5-6).
7. As followers of Christ we hate any kind of injustice, and God certainly hates it even more than we do. Pray that God will bless our efforts as we fight against different kinds of injustice (Isaiah 61:8).
8. Jesus demonstrated true leadership when he gave his life for us. Thank him for that, and pray that he will give you the ability to develop the same kind of character, grounded in God (1 Timothy 1:16).
9. Lord, help me to set a higher goal for my life than personal satisfaction. Help me to surrender myself to you, with all my belongings, so that I might live my life to your glory and for the salvation of other people (Ephesians 4:1).
10. The main characteristic of a spiritual man is likeness to Jesus. Character formation is God’s purpose in saving us, to make us like his Son, Jesus (Romans 8:29). Lord, help us to be more intentional about pursuing you and having our character formed into your likeness on a practical, everyday level (Galatians 4:19).
11. Life presents many distractions that compete for our attention in spiritual pursuits (Luke 10:41). Lord, may we prioritize our times with you in worship, sitting at your feet and listening to your word, which is “the better part” (Luke 10:42).
12. When we have a growing fascination for things other than Jesus, we become carnal and unspiritual (1 Corinthians 3:3). Lord, may our love for you grow more and more each day, making you our one concentrated passion weaving throughout everything else (Matthew 6:33).
13. Often, we make our relationship with the Lord a means to our own egotistical gratification, pursuing things such as usefulness, ministry success and self-promotion. Oh Lord, deliver us from “religious pride” and other subtle but self-centered motives (Acts 8:18).
14. Nothing is more important for a Christian man than his consistent walk of faith with Jesus. Lord, enable us to stay riveted and strong in this overarching need to honor you and walk with you in every detail of our day. For your glory, may it be said of us that we “walk with God” (Genesis 5:24).
15. When we intercede for listeners of TWR programs, we partner with God, who loved the world so much that he gave his Son. “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise [of the Second Coming of Christ], as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).
16. “And the Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ And let him who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely” (Revelation 22:17). We pray for listeners to accept God’s gracious invitation. To become champions, men must enlist for the spiritual adventure of salvation and service.
17. Even if your family has rejected you, know that God accepts you. Jesus declared, “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. … This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day” (John 6:37, 39).
18. So often, people let us down by not keeping their promises, but God is faithful. We, like the apostle Paul, can trust God to protect and guide us throughout life. “For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day” (2 Timothy 1:12).
19. God satisfies the longing of our soul. Men often get into trouble because they substitute the wrong things for this hunger. Pray for men to find their satisfaction in God and his Word alone (Psalm 107:9).
20. God is “Jehovah Rapha,” our healer. He is the restorer of a man’s soul. Pray for the healing balm of God’s perfect love and Word to touch the brokenness of men’s hearts (Jeremiah 17:14).
21. God’s Word is the ultimate source of wisdom. Ask God to bless men with a heart for searching the Bible to receive the insight needed to lead their homes, work and so much more (James 1:5).
22. God’s Spirit will unite a man’s heart to his heavenly Father. A man’s oneness with God will lead his pursuit of oneness with his wife and children. God’s ways will become his ways. Pray for men to be faithful to God and God’s Word, thereby remaining faithful to their families (1 Corinthians 6:17).
23. You are a sinner who deserves eternal judgment. But praise God, he sent Jesus to save you! Give thanks today that Jesus gave his life so that you shall live forever with him (John 11:25).
24. God’s Spirit dwells inside anyone who believes in Jesus as his savior. Pray that the Lord’s power will transform you into his image so that others will see glimpses of Jesus when they are around you (Ephesians 3:20).
25. Peter walked on water – but only when he kept his eyes focused on Jesus. As soon as he took an anxious look at the waves, he started to sink. Pray that the Lord will help you to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus, no matter what happens around you (Hebrews 12:2).
26. When Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets of the testimony, his face was shining (Exodus 34:29-30). When you spend time with Jesus, he will become visible in your life (1 Corinthians 1:9).
27. Lonnie Berger, author and president of Every Man A Warrior, has accepted the position of TWR global director of men’s ministry. Pray for Lonnie to have wisdom from God to develop the TWR Men’s Ministry to impact the lives of men all over the world (James 1:5).
28. Men everywhere need training to become the men, the husbands and the fathers that God wants them to be. “Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training” (1 Corinthians 9:25). Pray for men everywhere to desire the spiritual training they need to grow into all that God would have them be.
29. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all you soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment” (Matthew 22:37-38). Pray that the ministry of TWR would help men and women everywhere know how to have a deeper and growing love relationship with God.
30. “You are in error because you do not know the Scripture …” (Matthew 22:29). The people of the world are looking for answers to the questions and challenges of life that they face every day. Pray that a growing number of people around the world would find these answers as they listen to the Bible teaching presented on TWR each day.
31. Dear God, sometimes I have felt that I should not bother you with my requests. But now I realize that you want me to bring my requests to you. I trust you to remove my fears and doubts. Grant me the grace to simply believe you without any doubts or reservations. Lord, I believe that you are in me and that you will take care of me! (Mark 5:35-36).