1. The Bible says: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths” (Proverbs 3:5-6). Pray that you will experience this in your own life.
2. As long as we live on this earth, we will struggle to obey either the Holy Spirit or the urgency of the flesh. These two forces fight within us to control our lives. Pray that God will help you to be spiritually well-nourished in order to develop a godly nature (2 Timothy 1:13).
3. As followers of Christ, we hate any kind of injustice, and God certainly hates it even more than we do. Pray that God will bless our efforts as we fight against different kinds of injustice (Isaiah 61:8).
4. Jesus demonstrated true leadership when he gave his life for us. Thank him for that, and pray that he will give you the ability to develop the same kind of character (1 Timothy 1:16).
5. Lord, help me to set a higher goal for my life than personal satisfaction. Help me to surrender myself to you, with all my belongings, so that I might live my life for your glory and for the salvation of other people (Ephesians 4:1).
6. The apostle Paul wrote, “Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.” “Harsh” here means sharply bitter. Pray that husbands will learn to be loving toward their wives and repent of being harsh with them (Colossians 3:19).
7. Proverbs 15:1 says, “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” “Harsh” here implies the use of painful words. Pray that fathers will guard their tongues and not be harsh with their children (Proverbs 15:1).
8. Jesus had very direct words for men who divorce their wives for unbiblical reasons. Pray that men will submit their wills to God and honor their marriage vows with their wives (Matthew 5:32).
9. Jesus taught his disciples to take rest, but many husbands and fathers work excessively. Pray that men will honor God and their families by making time to refresh themselves and relax with their families (Mark 6:31).
10. Over time, a couple’s love for each other can grow cold. Pray that God will fill the heart of each man with the love of Christ and a deep passion for his wife (Song of Solomon 4:10).
11. Oh Lord, there are times when I am overwhelmed and consumed with fear. Your Word says I am fearful because of my little faith. I confess that I have been depending on my limited talents, abilities and resources. I give up trusting in myself and entrust myself to you. Thank you for replacing my fear with faith in my great and mighty God! (Matthew 8:26).
12. Dear God, thank you for allowing me to sense fear. Fear reminds me of my need to constantly depend upon you. I trust you with my life. Therefore, I am not afraid of anyone or anything. I praise you for your unfailing Word to me (Psalm 56:3-4).
13. Dear Lord, I am constantly facing difficult circumstances that make me afraid or dismayed. Cause me to remember that you are with me wherever I go. Thank you that you indwell me and that you will never leave me. Therefore, I am strong and courageous in the Lord! (Joshua 1:9).
14. Lord Jesus, it seems like there is always something negative in my life. I get anxious and troubled about so many things. But you, Lord Jesus, are the only power that truly matters. Cause me to focus on you and not the problems that surround me. You will get me through! (Luke 10:41-42).
15. Heavenly Father, when problems arise, remind me not to worry about anything but instead to pray about everything. Lord Jesus, you live in me, and you will take care of me. Thank you that your peace puts my heart and mind at ease. Therefore, I am peaceful and content in you. Hallelujah! (Philippians 4:6-7).
16. Committing to do personal Bible study seems to be a challenge to most men. Pray that men will be disciplined to set aside private times for studying Scripture with intention (Joshua 1:8).
17. The Scriptures equip a man to be mature and thoroughly furnished for every good work. Pray that men will see the value of daily Bible study (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
18. There is a direct connection between storing God’s Word in our hearts and victory over sin. Pray for men to memorize strategic Scriptures that will help promote personal victory over sin (Psalm 119:11).
19. Men need God’s wisdom in navigating decisions for themselves, their families and their employment. God’s Word is a light and a lamp for guidance. Pray for men to access God’s Word for guidance (Psalm 119:105).
20. God’s Word is a spiritual sword. Pray for men to be well-skilled with God’s sword – that is, his Word – as they combat forces of darkness, quoting and believing his promises for victory! (Hebrews 4:12).
21. This world’s convoluted political scene, with its disrespect for law and order and a sophisticated campaign involving misinformation and violent demonstrations, reflects the true nature of the forces of evil (2 Timothy 3:1-5). Therefore, let’s be vigilant, test the spirits to see whether they are of God, and pray for the Lord to revive our hearts and homes so we can be his light and salt (Matthew 5:13-15).
22. The Lord warned his disciples that because of abounding lawlessness, the love of many would grow cold (Matthew 24:12). Make it a point to avoid being consumed with the power struggles of this world; rather, know that the Lord reigns and that he calls us to be faithful in order to be kept from the ultimate “hour of trial” (Revelation 3:10).
23. Taking the message of hope, love and redemption in Christ to the whole world is the purpose of TWR. The good news is being proclaimed in over 230 languages through many media. Praise the Lord for the amazing tools available to reach our globe with the gospel before he returns (Matthew 24:14).
24. Prayer is the foundation of Champions Arise (CA), TWR’s ministry for men. Jesus told his disciples to pray for God to send laborers into his harvest (Matthew 9:38). In 1 Timothy 2:8, Paul called for men everywhere to pray. Make regular time in your schedule, and be a prayer warrior for your family, church, country and the world.
25. Please pray for the following needs: wisdom and insight for Kent Darcie, who assists CA with script writing of new programs; CA administrator Paul Amos, who is in a time of transition; the development of CA in Albania and China; and wisdom for CA leaders as they develop an effective strategy for the prayer calendar, already in 14 languages.
26. As we intercede for rising champions, pray that they will value God’s wisdom instead of being seduced by the world. “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom” (James 3:13).
27. When believers abide in Christ, the Holy Spirit renews their minds. Pray for listeners of TWR programs to grow in godliness. “But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy” (James 3:17).
28. In a world filled with conflicts in families, communities and nations, we need men of faith to be peacemakers. “Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace” (James 3:18).
29. When we pray our Lord’s model prayer, we ask for guidance to navigate each day’s stumbling blocks. God promises us that “no temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).
30. Sometimes we continue to pray for some situation or some person to change, but the trial continues. However, we can always trust in God’s enabling grace. Paul testified, “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
31. Praise the Lord for the amazing means of media to spread the gospel. TWR is broadcasting in more than 230 languages. The media platform twr360.org has an average of 750,000 visitors monthly from over 200 countries and territories. Pray for Champions Arise to be a powerful tool to equip Christian men in their calling to serve as Christ’s ambassadors to a world (2 Corinthians 5:20).