“Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that he cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that He cannot hear.” (Is 59:1)
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge.” Lets adore Him!
“Every good and perfect gift is from above.” Lets praise Him!
“Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find.” Lets bring Him our requests!
“Prayers, intercession should be made for all men.” Lets intercede for each other!
1. We have a tendency to view Prayer as just a personal wish list. But effective prayer and intercession flows from a God-centered life. “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him” (1 John 4:14.15).
2. There is a desperate need for integrity in men’s lives. Jesus recognized this quality in Nathaniel when they first met (John 1:46). We need to repent of any hypocrisy. There is no place for “political correctness” in the life of the believer. Since Jesus is the Truth, we pray that we will value honesty and reality in our character and dealings.
3. As men, we tend to base our identity on our occupation, our job and position. Although work is commanded by God and important, if we see ourselves primarily as related to work, our identity will be unstable and performance-based. Instead, believers should recognize their identity as being essentially spiritual in nature. Pray that we see ourselves as sons of the most high God (1 John 3:1-3)!
4. Edmund Spieker has been asked to be the interim Executive Director for TWR- Champions Arise. Edmund has led the development of CA since 2011. He has been with TWR for 46 years being 34 as full timer and 12 as a volunteer. Edmund leads Pastor Care Seminars mainly in Brazil and assists actively his wife in Project Hannah. He is a self-supporting missionary with Churches in Missions (CiM). Please pray for wisdom, stamina and God’s anointing as he leads CA into the next future.
5. Kol Ha’ Yeshuah “the Voice of Salvation”, is the only Hebrew-language radio program broadcasting the gospel of Jesus in the land of his birth (Israel). This program mines the Hebrew Scriptures to show their fulfillment in Christ. A TWR ministry partner produces it in Jerusalem. Pray that sons of Abraham there will open their hearts to the Gospel (Rom. 1:16).
6. The western world uses sex in the media in ways that constantly tempt men. But this is not a new problem. Godly Job testified four thousand years ago, “I have made a covenant with my eyes; why then should I look upon a young woman? Does He (God) not see my ways, and count all my steps?” (Job 31:1,4). By God’s grace, may we prayerfully apply this ancient wisdom to our own temptations.
7. Of all spiritual principles, faithful prayer is probably the most challenging. This is why the indwelling Holy Spirit is pledged to assist us in our prayers. “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Rom 8:26). Let’s be sensitive to His leading as we intercede for our brothers today.
8. On June 26, 2015 it became public that the Supreme Court of the US impose homosexual marriage, as a constitutional right. That day will enter history as one of the darkest days for the future of the American family. This ruling against the law of God and nature, the result of judicial activism, portrays the weakening of social morals and will further chip away on the institution of biblical marriage. It’s high time for Christians to repent from all sin, selfish behavior and abuse and pray for a revival of the true love of Christ in home and family (2.Chron 7:14).
9. Arrogance and pride based on higher IQ (Intelligence Quotient), status, race, or any other advantage one might have over another human being is outright detestable before God. “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6). “Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall” (Prov 16:18) Pray that the example of the Lord Jesus would inspire Christian men to actions of service and reconciliation.
10. Pray for the many victims of hate crimes committed by religious and racial fanatics. Reports of suicide bombers, armed assaults on innocent people and outright religious wars fill the media. These men-made catastrophes are causing an unprecedented flood of fugitives. The living conditions in the refugee camps are denigrating mostly for women and children. – The Lord taught us to pray for our enemies, therefore lets also pray for the perpetrators of such evil to recognize their lostness and turn to Christ.
11. “If God doesn’t soon bring judgment upon America, He’ll have to go back and apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.” This statement from Ruth Graham during the review of Billy Graham’s book “World Aflame” (1965) was recounted by Dr. James Kennedy from Coral Ridge Presbyterian church at the National Prayer Congress in Dallas Texas1976. – Has the time now come? Or will the ‘Lots’ of today, who are tormenting their souls, plead with the Lord like Abraham to increase the number of believers and delay His judgment?
12. Recently the Vice president of the China Council of Churches confessed, “Many young people in Shanghai have too many temptations. They are lured away from God through materialism and the pursuit of becoming wealthy.” (CP-June 2015) – In 1995 when I asked a house church leader how I could best pray for him he replied: “Pray that we keep faithful to Jesus. And please pray that we will not become victims of materialism.” (ES) Let us to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. (Matt3:33).
13. Let’s ask the Lord to teach us how we can be the men who build up the wall and stand before Him in the gap on behalf of the land in order to avoid its destruction (Eze 22:30). Legalizing homosexuality has opened the floodgates for the imposition of immoral behavior and exposes our children from early childhood to the silver tongue of evil and perversion. We need to pray for Godly wisdom to be salt and light in our culture (James 3:17.18).
14. Dannie Du Preez leads the development of the project Champions Arise in Africa. Please pray for open hearts and doors as he contacts churches and encourages men to pray and to start follow-up and study groups. Pastors there have asked for help, since most had no role model of a Christian husband or father. The studio for the Afrikaans production is finished. Zulu programs are been broadcasted from a local station and the first feedback is very positive. 20 of the African English programs have been recorded. Capable radio producers for Afrikaans are urgently needed.
15. Women cry out against domestic killing in Argentina. In recent years there has been a relentless and harrowing succession of news accounts of women being killed with shocking violence through unbridled machismo. One woman is killed every 36 hours. Poetic gallantry has degenerated into crude catcalling and aggressive propositioning. (nytimes 16.06.2015). Pray for God to intervene and that men will seek help to control their temper and stop the verbal, emotional and physical abuse.
16. Pray for Christian men to set the example and to teach their children how alcohol consumption and all kinds of vices lead to reckless behavior that will devastate the family and can destroy lives. Pray for men to be role models of self-control and character who inspire their children and youth to choose what is noble, pure and lovely, and of good reputation (Phil 4:8).
17. So far 32 of Champion Arise programs in Bahasa Indonesia have been produced. Since April three radio stations in east, west and central Java broadcast the programs. At one time TWR-Indonesia used 120 local stations. Airtime is quite expensive, nevertheless the opportunity to bring the Good News to this strategic country is of highest importance. Please pray for Yohannes and his team; for a great impact of the programs; and for the needed funds for the broadcast.
18. Shocking statistics reveal the rapid decline of morality and Christian values in the North American family. 24 million children in the United States live in a fatherless home. 40% of students in grades 1-12 come from homes with no biological father in them. 71% of teenage pregnant mothers have no father in the home. 71% of high school dropouts have no father present. – Lets plead for the Lord to bring repentance and a moral and spiritual awakening to this country.
19. The natural desire of a man is to do things that matter. As Christian men our first impulse is to correct what is wrong. As believers we have a new identity in Christ. Our doing should now be the outflow of our personal relationship with Him (Gal 2:20). We are invited to remain in Christ like the branch on the Vine (John 15:5). May our prayer be the surrender of our will to the Lordship of Christ in every area of our lives. He wants to work powerfully through us.
20. “Homens na Verdade” (CA in Brazil) is planned to be launched by RTM (TWR-Brazil) in October 10th in Sao Paulo. In partnership with CiM regular Pastor Care Seminars are being held all over Brazil, encouraging church leaders to start men’s study and prayer groups. With a population of over 200 million and a fast growing church movement, the discipleship of Christian men is especially relevant. Please pray for these important initiatives.
21. “Bless the Lord, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation. God is to us a God of deliverance and to God the Lord belong escapes from death” (Ps 68:19.20). We intercede with pain and anguish for the victims of the growing violence around the world and especially for those who suffer persecution and even martyrdom because of the name of Christ. Lets do so trusting in the Lord’s faithfulness. He promised to be near to the brokenhearted and to save those who are crushed in spirit (Ps 34:18).
22. Pray for the Lord to bless the initiative of RTM-Uruguay to translate and produce the CA scripts into Spanish. Lemuel Larrosa and his capable team are also responsible for the Spanish production of Women of Hope (PH) airing on over 100 stations in Latin America and the US. Praise the Lord for the funds to start the T&P process and please pray for the needed $11K to put these new CA programs on local stations.
23. In response to the ruling of the supreme court to institutionalize homosexual marriage in the US, Dr Ronnie Floyd, president of the Southern Baptist Convention and 16 former presidents write in their statement on marriage: “What the Bible says about marriage is clear, definite and unchanging. We affirm biblical, traditional, natural marriage as the unity of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime. We stake our lives upon the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus.” Pray for Christian men to honor their marriage covenant as a shining example of love and respect before a watching world.
24. “We have no specific program for men,” stated George Philp, director of TWR-India when they started the translation and production of CA into the Tamil languages. Edmund Spieker (CA-ED) has been invited to go to India at the end of this year to introduce and train men from 10 different Indian language groups. Please pray for the Lord to grant open doors and the needed funds for this strategic project. India has 1.2Billion people and TWR-India broadcasts via different transmitters in over 60 languages.
25. The recording of the 52 CA programs in English has been finished and 19 have been fully produced and uploaded to the www.championsarise.org and twr360.org websites. Please pray for Andy Napier as he does the final production. Pray also for an increasing number of men to join the Champions Prayer Fellowship (CPF) by using this website. Pray for local stations to broadcast CA’s excellent programs and for the financial needs of this urgent ministry.
26. Many Christian men have rightly been accused of being misogynists. A misogynist is one who hates, or denigrates women out of his own complex of inferiority or superiority. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon for Christian men to use the Bible to justify their anger, verbal and emotional abuse when their wives don’t submit to their orders. Pray for the Spirit of Christ to convict Christian misogynists and to bring them to repentance and change. Pray they will learn to honor their wives with Christ like love, to be their most ardent cheerleaders and supporters, and to be godly leaders in their homes.
27. In our world that seems morally bankrupt, true friendships are rare and looked upon with suspicion. Pray that Christian men will stand up and set the standard for true friendship by developing honest and trustful relationships with one another. The Bible said that men should be like spiritual “iron sharpeners” for each other (Prov 27:17). Pray they will hold each other accountable in their walk with the Lord and in the way they treat their family members.
28. With literally millions of women living under the most primitive circumstances in refugee camps their plight is outright desperate. They live in constant fear and emotional distress. Please pray for governments and Christian organizations, which are trying to address their need. Pray for the radio programs of Project Hannah, available in 69 languages, to be used by the Lord as His voice of hope. Pray also for CA’s programs to be soon available in major languages.
29. “I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplication, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, be made for all men; for kings and all that are in high place; that we may live a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity” (1 Tim 2:1-3). The apostle Paul also expresses his desire that men pray in every place, lifting up holy hands (1 Tim 2:8). Prayer reaches into the unseen, where the real battle for the heart and soul of men if being fought (Eph 6:12). Therefore let us be diligent and be men of prayer!
30. Statistics mention that at least 20.9 million adults and children are bought and sold worldwide into prostitution and other sexual exploitations. The BBC News cited a report by UNODC as listing the most common destinations for victims of human trafficking in 2007 as Thailand, Japan, Israel, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Turkey and the US. The report lists Thailand, China, Nigeria, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine as major sources of trafficked persons. Pray for the Lord to break the strongholds of such evil.
31. The faith of the early church changed men and revolutionized the social order by the dynamic work of the Holy Spirit. Nelson Bell (1894-1973), veteran missionary to China wrote: “The church began in unlikely soil and was confronted by overwhelming obstacles, but not once did the apostles seek to identify it with the existing social order. It was a supernatural organism existing in a natural world.” (BGEA) Lets pray that we to might be these spiritual change agents of our time.