The Disciple’s Prayer
1. Our Father in heaven, holy is your name.
2. Let your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
3. Give us today our daily bread.
4. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
5. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
6. For yours is the Kingdom, and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matt 6:9-13)
7. Protect us from the evil one. We are not of the world, even as Jesus is not of it.
8. Sanctify us by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent Jesus into the world, he has sent us into the world. For us he sanctified himself, that we too may be truly sanctified.
9. Make us one, Father, just as you are in Jesus and he is in you. May we also be in you so that the world may believe that you have sent him. (Jn 17:15-20)
10. Fill us with the knowledge of your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that we may live a life worthy of you, Lord, and that we may please you in every way.
11. May we bear fruit in every good work, grow in the knowledge of you, and be strengthened with all power according to your glorious might, so that we have great endurance and patience.
12. We joyfully give thanks to you, Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
13. For you have rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of your Son whom you love, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. (Col 1:9-14)
14. God of our Lord Jesus Christ, glorious Father give us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that we may know you better.
15. Enlighten the eyes of our hearts in order that we may know the hope to which you has called us, the riches of your glorious inheritance in the saints, and your incomparably mighty resurrection power for us who believe. (Eph 1:17-19)
16. Count us worthy of your calling, and that by your power you may fulfill every good purpose of ours and every act prompted by our faith.
17. May the name of our Lord Jesus be glorified in us, and we in him, according to your grace. (2 Thes 1:11-12)
18. Out of your glorious riches, strengthen us with power through your Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith.
19. And, being rooted and established in love, grant us power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that we may be filled to the measure of all your fullness.
20. You are able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to your power that is at work within us.
21. To you be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen. (Eph 3:16-21)
22. Encourage our hearts and strengthen us in every good deed and word. (2 Thes 2:17)
23. Sovereign LORD, your Spirit is on us, because you have anointed us, through your Son, to preach good news to the poor.
24. You have sent us to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of your favor and the day of your vengeance, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
25. We will be called oaks of righteousness, your planting for the display of your splendor. (Isa 61:1-3)
26. May your message spread rapidly and be honored.
27. Deliver us from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith. You are faithful, and you will strengthen and protect us from the evil one.
28. Help us to do the things you commanded.
29. Direct our hearts into your love and perseverance. (2 Thes 3:1-5)
30. Bless us and enlarge our territory! Let your hand be with us, and keep us from harm so that we will be free from pain. (1 Chr 4:10)
31. LORD bless us and keep us; make your face shine upon us and be gracious to us; turn your face toward us and grant us peace. (Num 6:24-26)