As men we understand that our God created role is to lead. With that desire and command to lead comes the responsibility and privilege to provide and protect. As men who have been made new in the risen image and power of Jesus we also have the joy to lead as prophets, priests and kings in our families and to be ambassadors, witnesses and examples of godliness to our spheres of influence. Not one of us is self-sufficient. Aside from our dependence on our Father for guidance, grace, and strength we need each other. We are to be iron-on-iron to each other. One of the most powerful ways to encourage each other in the way of righteousness in our own lives is to be bold and honest with each other and to pray in the same way.
1. I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, be made for all men; 2. for kings and all that are in high place; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity. 3. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; …..8 I desire therefore that the men pray in every place, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and disputing. (1 Tim. 2:1-3, 8)
Prayer for Men to Walk in Godliness:
1. Christian men to develop friendships with one another and hold each other accountable in their walk with the Lord and in the way they treat their family members.
2. Men to have the courage and strength from the Lord to discard sinful practices, even those that are encouraged by their culture.
3. Christian men to model their headship role after the relationship of God the Father as head of Christ and Christ as head of the church.
4. Christian husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church, choosing her above all others, and each will “leave his father and mother and be united to his wife” (Ephesians 5:31).
5. Those who are struggling with secret sins that have taken control of their thoughts and actions. Pray that they will acknowledge their sin, seek forgiveness and find friends who will help them overcome their struggle through prayer and accountability. (2 Timothy 2:22)
Pray for Men to Embrace Their Role of Godly Leadership:
6. Pastors, church leaders, and Christian men to courageously protect and support women who are verbally or physically abused other men.
7. Christian fathers to “not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
8. Christian men to speak up when they see others abusing women and children. “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy” (Proverbs 31:8-9).
9. Fathers, grandfathers, uncles and brothers to realize the horrible evil of sexually abusing the little girls in their family. Pray for the women who have lived with the secret of their abuse to find peace in the love of Christ.
10. Give thanks for the men who pray for Project Hannah’s ministry and for their wives, children and women around the world.
Pray for the Champions Arise Initiative:
11. Pray for more men to be made aware of Champions Arise and for the Holy Spirit to encourage men to commit to pray for this initiative and each other.
12. Praise the Lord for bringing people alongside to help fund the project and to write, edit, and produce the program.
13. Praise the Lord for the program scripts that have been completed. Pray for the audio production and the implementation of this project.
14. Pray for more partnerships to be formed that will lead to the further development of Champions Arise and more media content like it for men.
15. Pray for the men in this country and around the world who God is preparing to be Champions for His kingdom that their hearts will be softened and prepared for the role.